Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Preperation has begun, bigtime!

If all goes to plan we will be on our way to Darwin by the end of June if not earlier. We have a couple of very important appointments to get out of the way first (with a breast surgeon, to biopsy a lump) so depending on the results of this we could be on our way in the next couple of weeks.

We sat down with my mum and step dad the other day to write out a travel plan. They are well seasoned travellers and pretty much the best people to talk to it all about. We just asked them to help us choose a nice road to travel, where we can see a variety of things, and stay safe considering its our first trip. We have decided to leave from the Central Coast of NSW and go accross to Broken Hill, then Port Augusta in South Australia, then straight up to Ayers rock, Alice springs then up up up to Darwin to live for a while. There is so much to see along the way, I'm so excited about it!

We bought a big (HUGE) toolbox for the back of the ute the other day. Hopefully Brent can fit all his tools in one to start with then we can buy a second one later when we get our new, bigger tray back for our ute (we currently have a tub back on our 2010 Nissan Navara). Were going to buy a bunch of standard parts and consumables for the trip so we can do small jobs for people like caravan bearings, car and van brakes etc and make a bit of an income to help us along the way, hopefully.

I have been doing an enormous clean out of the van once again. I have gone through all our food items and done somewhat of a meal plan just for the next month (Assuming we will be on the central coast for this period of time) I will readapt it and purchase whatever else we need if we end up leaving sooner to head to Darwin. The caravan is looking lovely and we are really starting to get rid of the things we dont need which is good! Nearly everything is in its permanant place now. I just have a few things left on the dining table to find places for.

All of our son, Zac's, things are organised. He has all the clothing he needs, all the toys, educational activities etc.

I am so excited for the trip and all the things we will see and do along the way. I am going to try so hard to really push my boundaries and do things I didn't think I would be able to do. I may even go underground at Coober Pedy, you never know, hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment