Monday, June 13, 2011

7 nights until we begin our trip to Darwin

So there are only "seven sleeps" until we begin the trip toward Darwin. I am so excited! Brent is too! Poor Brent and Zach have been struck down with a virus, throwing up and feeling generally unwell. It has also been bucketing down rain for a couple of days so its becoming a little hard to finish the last things we need to do to be prepared to go. But I'm sure we will get them done. Brent needs to finish fitting the air compresser to the car and a few other things.

I did some more grocery shopping today, mainly for variety. Were trying to cease all the "Fast food" guzzling we do so I wanted a good variety of food for us to eat. Hopefully I have covered all bases. I bought 90% of our meat today and got it portioned and into the freezer. I have a little more meat to get and all the fridge stuff to get but other than that were pretty set up. We have a tonne of toiletries and cupboard items. We will definately be able to get to Darwin with what we have.

We bought internet credit for our wireless internet router and we bought credit for our telstra mobile phone. We need to buy some credit for the optus phone just so we have it. But other than that out phones are all covered (were entirely prepaid these days! Far easier to keep track of and there are some brilliant pre-paid deals avaliable).

I bought Zach plenty of treats and snacks and general food. So hopefully I can keep up with his ever changing taste! I tried to get a great variety of lunch type foods as I know thats the meal we mostly substitute with fast food.

We will have a lot to do on Sunday and the few days before then, heres an idea of some of what we have to do for the rest of the week (this is no where near everything we have to actually do):

- fill car with fuel (got to remember the "Coles" fuel discount voucher!)
- make sure both gas bottles are full
- hitch car to van and put up all legs etc. in preperation to leave early next morning
- pack away EVERYTHING in van, to leave around 6am
- check all tyre pressures on car and van (top up if nessecery)
- ensure somthing is in the fridge for breakky, lunch, morning tea, arvo tea, dinner, for the next day)
- wash all bedding, towels, etc of ours and Zacs
- wash all clothes, pyjamas etc so we arent leaving with a bunch of washing
- try to keep Zacs bed and shower clear as possible
- pack both Zacs bikes in
- pack mr Grassy Head
- clean guinea pigs cage
- collect everything of ours (including any washing from machine or dryer) from the house
- make sure all tools are packed
- make sure all dishes are clean and put away
- make sure all drink bottles are full in the fridge, aswell as some soda stream bottles for Brent and the water jug
- clean out car


Theres alot more but I cant seem to think of it. Its midnight so Im guessing thats why my brain suddenly stopped working! Better get some sleep! I really hope I dont get this virus, I have way too much to do, incluing looking after Brent and Zach while they suffer through it! The poor buggers.

Will try to post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment